Monday, December 26

Life Relocation, Blog Renovation

Surprise!  After a year I am actually back to blogging again! Whew, I have to say I haven't really thought much about blogging in a long time.  Life has been very busy in my household as you could probably tell from the post heading:)  In the past year we have moved to a new city, my husband has began a new career, and we have had a new baby!! I am super excited about the baby part, of course, and I will tell you more on that later. I am fairly excited about the new career part.  I will also expand on that in future posts.  But the moving part....not so much.  I have to say I have relocated in a less than gracious manner.  As a matter of fact, I have been what many would not so lovingly refer to as a brat. You know how Paul talks about being content regardless of his circumstances? Well, lets just say I have been nothing like that.  I loved my life in Jonesboro.  It was the place I will always refer to as home, even though I only lived there for two years.  I loved the people, I loved my house, I loved my church, I loved my friends....I loved just about everything there.  I had a wonderful ministry with children in my church and I frequently led women's bible study.  I had a purpose and I was glorifying God.  So, it has been difficult for me to adjust to living in a new place, with a new church and new people. 
As of now I have few friends, though the one's I have met are definitely sent from God.  I do love my new Church and am excited to be a part of it.  But I have returned to an old struggle of mine that frequently reared its head when I was a much younger believer.  What is my purpose?  Am I even useful now?
I am a stay at home mom, which I love, and I am very dedicated to my family.  I am pretty good at adjusting to new life circumstances, but this one has thrown me for a loop.  My confidencein everything, even as a mom, has definitely suffered.  However, we who know the Lord know "all things work together for good for those who love God, who are called according to his purpose" (Romans 8:28).  I have claimed many truths that I know about God as I have struggled with this move, but this is one that I repeat frequently.  So with this in mind I am accepting that God has moved my family for a purpose that only He knows, but He will work it out for good.  I am determined to have faith that God is going to use us to his glory in this town, just as he did in the last.  And I also know that I love Him, and therefore am to be grateful for his provision, no matter where it is.
In the spirit of these determinations, I have prayed for God to direct me in what I am suppose to be doing right now for Him.  I came to two revelations that were both fairly surprising to me.  First, I am to homeschool my kids.  Second, I am to blog about it.  Anyone who knows me knows that I am not a natural born mother, I have to really work at it.  I am definitely not a natural born homeschooling mother! But I have not been as sure of something I am being called to do as I am of this.  Wierd.  I know.  So as far as the blogging goes, I have come to the understanding that the Lord wants me to be more vocal and share with others the journey he is taking me through because I believe many moms are going through similar struggles and we don't always talk about it.  As moms, we are responsible for raising a generation of warriors for Christ.  Our world is heading into difficult times for believers, and a lot will rest on our children as far as sharing the gospel of Christ.  More importantly, we are responsible for ensuring our Children's eternity in heaven.  This is not a task I take lightly and it defines every decision I make as a mother.  It is this journey through motherhood I believe God wants me to share with others.  I don't know if anyone will every read a word I type.  But I am taking this step to be obedient to God by being authentic and open with others.  I hope you will take something away from each post, and I hope you will offer any advice or wisdom you have to me....as Proverbs 3:13 says: "Blessed is the one who finds wisdom, and the one who obtains understanding."  So I am renovating my Blog and am excited to share this new journey of faith with you.   My verse for this season sums up where I am right now and what the theme of this blog will be:


"When the Fig Tree does not bud, and there are no grapes on the vines; when the Olive Trees do not produce and the fields yield no crops; when the sheep disappear from the pen, and there are no cattle in the stalls, I will REJOICE because of the LORD; I will be happy because of the God who delivers me!" Habakkuk 3:17-18

No comments: